For the purpose of this document, a counterfeit component will be defined as a received device where the external details and visual look of that device appear to, and are made to, resemble one object but are, in fact, a completely different item.
This definition does not include those items that are ‘recovered’ from the re-cycling of waste boards. In this latter case, the devices are what they purport to be − it is just that they have been ‘pre-owned’ and ‘pre-used’.
- Where possible all goods shall be bought from known and reputable sources, preferably manufacturers or their authorised or franchised distributors.
- Alternatively, the goods shall be sourced from stock holding, non-franchised distributors, on a list of approved suppliers, who have an acceptable history of fulfilling requirements.
- Each of these suppliers will be asked to warrant their product for a minimum of thirty days and to provide Certificates of Conformance or Compliance where appropriate.
- No ‘Grey market’ component shall be used without documented permission from our end customer.
- All suppliers shall be monitored for quality issues. The performance of suppliers will be reflected in the grading given to each one and the results of the grading will be made available to all staff involved in the purchasing of components.
- Potential new suppliers have a separate procedure to complete before being accepted.
- A list of suppliers who have repeatedly failed to show due diligence in their sourcing of goods supplied or who have failed to react responsibly when advised of issues will be published internally with substantiating reasons listed on the database of suppliers.
- ‘Grey market’ components shall be subject to internal verification processes including but not limited to x-ray In cases of suspected fraudulent or counterfeit parts found at goods in, the parts shall be quarantined immediately and the supplier informed together with our reasons and such evidence as is available.
- If the issue cannot be resolved in a short space of time, or it may result in a delay in shipping, the customer will be informed.
OSI Electronics (UK) Limited
5 Marlborough Road
Colmworth Business Park
Registered office address
5th Floor, One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF, England