What we do
OSI Electronics is part of the OSI Systems group. We are a manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services. We provide customers with the manufacturing capabilities and purchasing power of a global electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider. We deliver regional and personalised support best provided by a smaller company, striving to build lasting relationships and create close and valued partnerships with our customers. Our focus is to help security experts, clinical professionals and high-tech developers solve real-world problems and issues.
As we continue to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a Production Controller to support the Production Manager by ensuring the smooth operation of the production department through adherence to the defined production plan. Liaising with process supervisors to ensure all jobs are on schedule and problem free, as well as taking a forward proactive view of upcoming planned production requirements by liaising with all supporting functions. You will provide feedback to the Production Manager of any potential delays/capacity overloads to allow re-planning or customer notification is key to this role.
What you will do
- Provide assistance to ensure department, individual and team KPI’s are achieved within specified metrics as set by Production Manager.
- Working with the Production Manager to ensure the production plans are accurately set and achievable.
- Liaising with Production Supervisors and Production Planner to achieve all planned shipments.
- Liaising with Account Managers and regularly attending weekly order book reviews to ensure the order book is current and reflective of production.
- Generate and provide production reports for Production Manager to review in line with department PPIs and KPIs.
- Support the departmental improvement projects under guidance from Production Manager, involving cooperation from supporting functions.
- Providing administrative support to Production and Production Manager along with other areas as required.
Experience and qualifications
Adaptable at working alone as well as part of a larger team with cooperation from supporting functions.
- IT skills, MS Office (Word, Office, Powerpoint, Excel) to at least Intermediate level to accurately generate production documentation and data driven reports.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritise and complete tasks within set deadlines.
- Must be a positive, driven, individual with good work ethic who is willing to drive improvements by supporting the team.
- Experience of working with a central ERP system.
- Experienced working within a manufacturing environment (preferably contract electronics manufacturer).
- Ideally suited if you have current / recent experience within a manufacturing environment as an administration supervisor, production supervisor or production planner.
The position is based at our St Neots, Cambridgeshire, headquarters.
Use this link to take you to our LinkedIn jobs page.
OSI Electronics UK is a subsidiary of Californian based OSI Electronics.
Posted 18th October 2019.